Introducing: The History Wrangler
Latest Wrangler NEWS
Updates, Events, Contests and More!!
His first book, The Amazing Alberta Time Travel Adventures of Wild Roping Roxy and Family Day Ray,was written for Alberta’s Centennial in 2005. The History Wrangler received both the Alberta Centennial Medal and the prestigious Heritage Awareness Award “for outstanding contribution to provincial history” for his efforts .
His indigenous themed sequel, entitled The Amazing Time Travel Adventures of The Iron Crow Brothers and Bree Saint Marie, has a Foreword Message written by Chief Crowfoot’s great great grand-daughter and is illustrated by Nathan Meguinis, an amazing illustrator and Calgary Stampede Champion Pow Wow dancer from the Tsuu T’ina Nation.
The History Wrangler has served on the board of directors of both The Historical Society of Alberta and the French Historical Society of Alberta and now serves on an historical advisory committee connected to Fort Calgary.
1) Judge for the Governor General of Canada History Awards
2) Program Coordinator of the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta, Social Studies Education Student Award program. The program has grown to 6 universities and 2 colleges across Alberta.
3) Host of the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta, Alberta History Quiz Show, which shall be available to schools across Alberta in the fall of 2019.
4) Historian and Director of Education & Outreach, the Historic Bow Valley Ranche in Fish Creek Provincial Park.
5) Calgary & Central Alberta Heritage Fair Program Coordinator- this is part of a national program that over 60,000 young Canadians participate in.
6) Official Ambassador of The Cowboy Trail
7) Girl Guides Educator- The History Wrangler has delivered his Alberta Heritage Badge program to over 1,500 Girl Guides.
The History Wrangler’s Entertaining Background
He has since performed in 5 Grandstand Shows, including one with the Calgary Stampede Band,and other high profile events including; the Opening Ceremonies of The Calgary 1988 Olympics, Grey Cup Half Time Show, the 100th Anniversary of the Turner Valley Oil Boom, 70th Anniversary of the Leduc Oil Boom, 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge and the 150th Birthday of St. Albert.
The History Wrangler has also performed for many dignitaries including , the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta, three Alberta premiers, the Prime Minister of Finland and King and Queen of Sweden. He also plays 6 instruments professionally and is an award winning Singer/Song writer with three of his Alberta history themed songs making it to the finals of the Calgary International Folk Festival Song Writing Contest.
Contact the History Wrangler
“First, thank you for coming in and putting on an amazing presentation; both grade 2 classes thoroughly enjoyed the fun filled afternoon. What we liked most about the presentation was that it included student participation, lively music, and important facts about Alberta’s history ( the teachers learned a lot too!). The children were so engaged during your presentation and eager to participate-student engagement is the most important part of any presentation.
Thank you for sharing with the students your wealth of knowledge and postive energetic attitude. We can’t wait to do the presentation again next year! “
Rebecca, Grade 2 Teacher
“Rob/History Wrangler, the students loved your presentation! It was really interactive and had the kids fully involved. Thanks again.”
Melanie, Grade 5 teacher